Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cargoh Lost In Shipment

Honorable Heritage Chess set I Cargoh

So cargoh had special to bring users into their userbase. I decided I would go ahead and sign up. After several of my friends in the handmade world were unceremoniously removed from the service citing that they weren't the right fit for their service, I decided to go ahead and list an item shown above to see if they would do the same to me.

This morning having not heard from them, I decided to contact them. This is the email chain between them and myself.

Sirs,
Before I list anything else in my shop, I want to find out if my shop
is going to be worthy of your newly defined requirements. Please review
my shop and let me know. To assist you in locating my account I am
providing the link
http://www.cargoh.com/store/cnewcomb-woodworking?view=products

--
Regards,
Chris Newcomb
Cnewcomb Woodworking


Hi Chris,

I think your work is absolutely amazing, however, I am not sure that it would be the right fit for Cargoh. I say this because we are going to be driving a very urban type of subculture in our buyer base and I would no want to to take all the time to setup under false pretense.

I hope you can understand our position.

Cheers


Paul Burger |Co-Founder

Thank you for your response. I hope you understand that I will have to tell all my friends that they should stay far away from Cargoh, as Cargoh solicited users to signup and then decided items were not considered art. Furthermore I will expect that you remove all records of my information, credit card from your system. Please respond and confirm that all information that I supplied has been removed from your system securely.

--
Regards,
Chris Newcomb

Hi Chris,

We undertand the repercussions of our actions yes. It was never our intention to screw people around, but as we got a huge rush of sellers, we lost control of the marketplace and it's aesthetic. In order to stay true to our vision, we had no other option.

Again, we understand that people are upset, and that they are going to create so negativity around our brand. It's the price we pay!

I will go ahead and delete all your information from our system.

Thank you



Paul Burger |Co-Founder

I guess that is the price artists have to pay, however they should have stated their intentions first rather then soliciting users to signup and then tell us that they were targeting the urban type of subculture. I personally do not know what the flip urban type of subculture is.

My recommendation is stay away from cargoh

6 comments:

  1. I have a new company. Let's put a bad taste in everyone's taste NOW! Any attention is good attention, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a crock! I'm just glad I never put anything in my store there! I had filled out my profile, but this morning I went and checked and it's all been deleted. And I received no notification from them at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am extremely glad that I missed out on their sucky opportunity. I will also support telling everyone to avoid going to them for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was asked to leave Cargoh as well, I know exactly what you mean and I share your same sentiments. I am so glad I had not spent a lot of time developing my store yet. I sent them a similar email but have yet to receive a reply and I can still access my store. Looks like it is going to be a hassle. Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  5. The really sad thing is I would have considered that item perfect for Urban culture. It is something rustic yet unique and if someone in an urban setting was going to buy a chess set, that's the one they would buy.

    ReplyDelete